Monday, June 19, 2006

Sometimes life is hard. Yesterday was Father's Day. I listened to my boyfriend tell me that his son chose to spend the day with his mother and her new husband. This is after two weeks ago he told me if I would schedule dinner around him he would come. I was thinking he wouldn't show because I had tried twice to find out what time and he didn't respond, which by the way makes me not like him very much. It isn't the first time he has blown me or his father off.
His daughter, who was out of town and I had suggested she take him to lunch or make him a card, did not. She did text message him. Maybe this should be enough. Maybe I am making too much out of this, but I felt bad for him.
I think his son is mad because his dad made him move in with his mother after graduation. He had said he would never live with us, so we planned accordingly and when we moved in we were one room short. I suppose I should be more understanding of his feelings. Maybe in a year or two things will settle down. Right now he shows no respect or courtesy for Tim or myself. I guess it is best to let it go.
My daughter and I are still not talking. Boy, my life sometimes feels like a mess! I am okay with it. I love her and I know she loves me and when one of us is ready to talk we will. Until then I am enjoying not being asked to help out or listen to her. She is very selfish and it is hard dealing with that at times.
Besides those things everything is good. My house will be rented the first of July, which comes close to covering my mortgage payment. I have my Brokers license now, which is great. I am trying to read the book " the Power of NOW", but it is so deep. It is a bit hard for me to understand.
I am going stir crazy with my kids. Having them home all summer with no breaks stinks. I have to laugh at myself for saying this, because I was married for 17 years and never got any breaks, but now that I am divorced and used to every other weekend to myself I can't help but miss the quiet time. I enjoy having time with just me and my boyfriend and time to work without interuptions. I am upset that there father can leave for the entire summer and not somehow compensate me. I feel like she should pay more support so I could afford a sitter or his new wife should take them, but that isn't reality so I am not going to focus on it too much.
I am looking forward to our trip to CA this summer, minus the drive. It will be fun to go to amusement parks and just get away. I think it will be great for Tim, too, to have some peace and quiet for a week. I am already wondering what type of projects he will get done around the house. He is good about keeping busy, just like me.
Well, that is all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home